Lilypond Chess set final

 Here are the finished prints for my lilypond chess set. I decided to paint them with nail polish because i thought that the plain plastic missed a little bit of the details and was too plain. from left to right you have the pawn, bishop, knight, rook, king, and queen. 




I added a fly in thread to the king and the butterfly on the queen is laser cut acrylic. 


here are some renders of my chess pieces side by side and laid out on the board


below are some images from the printing and laser cutting processes. The machine I was using ran out of the white I did for my first prints so I had to switch to black for my final ones. I printed the pawn, bishop, knight, and king in white. 




Below are some initial designs in rhino and my original sketches.



I listened to some of my peers and ended up printing the kings tongue separately so that it wouldn't have any issues with printing. 
 My original sketches




Here are a few of the pieces after being printed.
There is a little hole in the frogs mouth that the tongue fits into. everything else is solid print. 


The final chess board :) 
All in all I think It turned out well and I hope to print more pieces and have a full chess set in the future. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The final stretch

glitched coffee table furniture design