The final stretch

 We're almost done the group project :). We cut out and sanded the bench pieces and cut out part of the pieces for the shelves. It was a little trail and error with the tabs and sizing for the shelves but after making some adjustments in grasshopper and rhino we were able to get it done. It took a few hours for the tabs and holes because I did them partly in rhino and partly in grasshopper. I manually placed all the holes for the interior corners and adjusted the sizes to fit the thickness of the wood in rhino. Then I took the pieces into grasshopper and adjusted the thickness. It took a bit of time for it to load because of all the pieces. Thanks to Jess for making the tab grasshopper and Daniela for double checking my work. 

The nested shelving unit. Daniela added some channels for the eventual addition of tables. 
My edits to the grasshopper, changed the thickness and brepped the shapes from the rhino adjustments. 
For some reason the list item didn't wanna work for the corner holes for all the pieces so that's why I did it manually. 


A combination of all the grasshopper bits, the top left was Bryan's tab maker while what's in the groups are Jess's tab makers. Jess's also made the corner hole thingy, which worked for the piece it was set up for, so I guess next time I'll just have to figure out how to modify the list item for the rest of it to work. 




Some short videos of me chiseling and rounding off the tabs that held the pieces together. 


The cut out and sanded bench pieces, curtesy of Nadia, Lesley, Liro, and Yuxin. 

 the shelf pieces that were cut today. 














Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

glitched coffee table furniture design